Friday, July 20, 2007

Motivation

This is the key word.


At first, you’ll be motivated because you want to lose weight. But this is not enough. As the time goes by, this can melt (seriously).

So, you'll need something more.

First, try to communicate with a qualified nutritionist. All the time, I was supported by my physician and my nutritionist.

Then, you’ll need:

  • Realistic and achievable goal. In my case (at 134 kg), my goal was 85 kg (but later, I changed it to even less – 83 kg)
  • No time frame to achieve your goal. I lost 51 kg in 18 months.
  • Don’t exaggerate. Normally, you should lose about 1kg (2 lbs) weekly, but it is not a fix value. In the beginning, it is more, then, it almost stops,then restarts...
  • It’s easier losing weight than preserve it (once lost). I’m pretty sure that if you did the efforts to lose the weight, you will never do the same mistake to eat the junk food or just eat too much.

Finally, you’ll need some basic gear which is not expensive. I’ll discuss it in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment