Saturday, August 25, 2007

My first month

As 3 weeks are needed for any activity to become a habit, it is obvious the importance of my first month. I started on April 10, 2005, and then I did my workouts every other day (twice, I skipped one day, but I did my workouts the day after). Generally, the effect of a workout lasts for 48 hours, so sometimes there is no problem to skip an additional day. The average time I spent on my workouts at that time was around 30 minutes and I walked around 3800 steps (about 2.7 - 2.8 km), with the average speed of a little bit more than 5 kph.
In fact, I started with 3780 steps/30 minutes and at the end of the month (after 11 workouts) I did 4550 steps/35 minutes.
At the end of May (1 and a half months after I started), I walked 45 minutes and around 6500 steps. In the beginning, I didn't do any statistics about the lost weight, but between April 10 and May 15, I lost 11 kg.
Not everybody must and can lose that weight so quickly, but it is quite obvious: when you are obese, you need more energy to move than when you are lean. Just imagine pushing a 10 kg box and a 50 kg box. For which one will you need more effort?
Moreover, I drastically cut in my calories intake, especially sugars. Probably I also dehydrated a little bit because I was taking some water only when I was thirsty. Now, I know it was wrong. You should drink water regularly,
before you feel thirsty because it means that you are already dehydrated.
The marathoners do it like this (me too - now): one or two sips of water every 10 minutes of workout, no matter if you feel thirsty or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment