Saturday, July 7, 2007

Do something for your health

Until two years ago I was inactive and obese, with serious health problems. I started walking for health (at the age of 47) and now, with 51 kg (112 lbs) less, I run and started to compete.

In April 2005 I was diagnosed with diabetes (type II), high cholesterol and hypertension.

There were only two solutions: completely changing my lifestyle (and lose my weight) or taking pills. I was determined to succeed without the medication and set my goal at 85 kg (no time frame defined). I started walking and changed my eating habits.

It took seventeen months of determination and discipline to achieve my goal. My weight is stable at 83 kg since September 2006. My efforts weren’t in vain: I feel great and all my tests are normal now: blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.

I motivated several of my colleagues and friends to start exercising and change their eating habits and some of them lost between 5 and 10 kg.

Dieting is not the solution. Changing your habits is. Don't expect the results too fast, but with the time, if you have enough patience, you can do it.

I did it with help of my doctor and a nutritionist. In the following posts I'll explain in detail how I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment