Saturday, March 5, 2011

Finally – the interval training

For the first time in almost a year, I did an interval  training. Or almost. Let me explain. When I was in top shape before  the hernia in April 2010, I was running my intervals between 4:18 and 4:20 min / km and my anaerobic threshold was around 5:00. Last night I was pretty far from one and another, but I managed to run about 85% (160 bpm) of my max HR, what I have not done for 11 months. At a pace of around 5:08 (with a maximum of 4:34), my training was by far the toughest and fastest since April 29, 2010. I'm still not in good shape (just acceptable), but I'm ready for my first half on April 19. And then, I have several months to prepare myself for my second half - in September. In any case, no one runs a half-marathon at the intervals speed! But I like them, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment